When it comes to physical activity, experts say more movement is great – but more movement with greater intensity is best. Google Fit now knows the difference.
Men under 50 years old who smoke are 88 percent more likely to have a stroke than men who never smoked — and the number of cigarettes a day can move that risk up or down, according to new research.
Cardiac arrest survivors often face struggles, particularly with their brains. A team of researchers uncovered important connections in the brain of comatose patients that might help doctors know how best to treat them.
A heart failure patient who often feels lonely or left out is more likely to require hospitalization than one who rarely feels socially isolated, a study shows.
How men perform in the bedroom could suggest how healthy their hearts and arteries are. According to new research, erectile dysfunction (ED) may be a risk factor for heart attacks and strokes.
When researchers looked at prediabetes paired with high blood pressure, they found a significant increase in coronary artery disease severity and cardiovascular events.
Potassium helps us eliminate sodium through our urine. It also helps ease the tension or pressure in the walls of our blood vessels. So, are you getting enough? If you are an average American, probably not.
Heart attack survivor, Beth Woodard, poses an important question for heart patients: What can we do to make sure our good intentions become good practices? She shares her surprising secrets for success.
Adults with diabetes are two to four rimes more likely to die from heart disease than adults without diabetes – but there are 7.6 million adults in the U.S. with undiagnosed diabetes. And as it goes undiagnosed, it’s doing damage to the body.
For the 5 percent of people who survive sudden cardiac arrest a defibrillator usually revives them. Without a timely burst of power to the chest the other 95 percent die. I was one of those rare survival statistics.